A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Monday, January 16, 2012

Going Away and Coming Home

I go to work in the morning and come home in the evening.

BB had some separation anxiety over the last couple of weeks,
after 11 days over the holidays when I was with him 24/7.

But...

Last Friday, he was eating breakfast in his high chair
as I was preparing to leave.
He looked at me, waved, and said "Bye".

It melted my heart!

Today, we were all in the kitchen and I was getting ready to leave.
BB initiated saying "Bye" and waved from across the room.
Then he followed me to the door and waved some more.

AAHHH!

Better yet, when I came home tonight,
I put my stuff down on the island in the kitchen.

Normally, both Gabriel and BB come running to hug me.
Tonight Gabriel was a bit preoccupied.
I started talking to Miss M and May.

BB came right up next to me, but didn't hug me.
He simply looked up, grinned, and said "Hi" as I was talking!

I stooped down immediately and said something like,
"Well, hello there!"

BB's grin grew exponentially!

It was P.R.I.C.E.L.E.S.S!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment