A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Respite

This weekend we are watching a little boy for respite.  He is such a delightful child! 

Unfortunately, BB only saw green.  BB was so jealous any time we gave attention to our guest.  BB also has a lot to learn about sharing.  Our visiting munchkin has been a great sport.  He just points and says "Baby" whenever BB lashes out. 

Yesterday and last night our visitor had terrible diarrhea, which resulted in a NASTY skin irritation in a very delicate area.  I ended up taking him to the ER as it got worse between this morning and naptime.  We were in and out in less than three hours, of which one hour was waiting for a test result.  I SO love our Children's Hospital!  Our poor little guy now has two ointments and some oral antibiotics to help him.  The nurses couldn't believe how calm he was.  They insisted he should have been screaming, but all he did was whimper one short time.  I just want to cuddle this little one, as he has obviously had to sooth himself for much of his young life.  Hopefully tomorrow will bring great improvement before he goes home.

Note to self: Next time get copy of form giving placement foster parent permission to seek medical care AND note from such placement parent giving me permission to seek medical care.  (Luckily we were able to reach placement parent on her cell phone.)

1 comment: