A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I Confess

We eat out entirely too often.  Usually, I just give in, because it is easier to let someone else do the cooking, and I get tired of hearing little voices not like what gets put in front of them at home.  I justify this bad habit by saying I don't have time to cook, that my day is too busy and hectic already.

Well, today we actually ate at home for all three meals.  I'm not sure when we did this last.  But we made it, and no one suffered!  Breakfast was simple, but no one minded.  For lunch we cleaned out leftovers (most in styrofoam) from the fridge. 

For dinner, we had a masterpiece, even if some didn't like all of it.  I put a roast in the crock pot this morning, with ingredients to make a nice mushroom gravy.  We had white rice, the old fashioned kind, and a lovely vegetable medley of zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, and tomatoes.

May and I even made a macaroni salad to have later in the week for lunches!  I'm telling myself that I'm going to start being better at eating at home.

I do confess, though.  When we went shopping at C*stco, I did get the kids a little treat between meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment