A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

School's Out Again!

Today was the last day of school for Sweets.  She had a successful year and is on to fourth grade.  Wow!

Sweets called me this afternoon, hoping I would pick her up.  I told her she must ask her dad and call me back.  Her plan has been to come back to my house tonight since we got home from vacation.  I asked her dad about it yesterday, but he said not until Friday (but I'm not sure he totally understood the question - in case I haven't mentioned, English is his second language, barely)

Anyway, Sweets called me back five minutes later and practically yelled, "Guess what he said!"  I told her I guessed yes, since she sounded happy.  She told me he had said yes that I could pick her up NOW. 

So I went and picked her up.  Five minutes into the 40 mile drive home, she threw a fit when I asked a multiplication problem she couldn't answer, after getting several correct.  All h*** broke loose!  She said she wanted to go back to her dad's, she hated me, she never wanted to come to my house again, and plenty more.  I simply said it was too late. She was stuck with me and I wasn't turning around.  I told her I didn't like the disrespect and to be careful what she wished for, that the wrong person might hear some day and she might get it.

I am so tired of this roller coaster.  She is happy and then mad.  She is sweet and then belligerent.  She is hugging and then hitting.

Finally after getting home, I figured out that she was worried and dwelling on when she had to go back to her dad's again.  I told her that I didn't set a day with him this time.  As far as I was concerned, she could stay all summer.  I had told her dad to call me when he wanted her to come home.  We'll see how that goes. 

Oh, life would be so much simpler if she could just stay with me!

1 comment:

  1. i imagine that is ruff on ALL of you, i am so happy you do it for her though...can you imagine if she DIDN'T have you?

    i don't even want to think about that.

    ReplyDelete