A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I feel so blessed as I look back over the last year.  2010 was really a good year!

May improved her reading dramatically and has thrived at her new school.  Sweets was able to spend most of the summer with us and joined the Children's Chorus with May.  Buddy is a very charming young man (everywhere but at home where he is still struggling with behavior).  AND...BB is the most wonderful addition to our family. 

I completed another 15 credits toward my law degree; switching to part-time status at law school was the best decision.  My job is going great; the work is fun, interesting, and very worthwhile.  Miss M has been marvelous helping in every way possible.  We are so lucky to have her.

We had a great family vacation with my parents in Branson this summer.  They really fell in love with BB and had fun with the other kids too.  I am so thankful that they are healthy and can enjoy their grandchildren!

In 2011, I look forward to many more good things!  First and foremost will be finalization of BB's adoption.  I still find it hard to believe that he really gets to stay.  God has truly blessed us! 

I hope and pray Sweets might actually get to live with us again (it is all her dad's decision).  It would be so good for her (this going back and forth is very difficult, especially on her).  I also hope that we can get to closure in the case of Lil Sis (paternity test results should be known in January).  She needs a stable home, ideally before she starts kindergarten in the fall. 

We also have a fun family reunion planned in July.  I hope I can take the kids on at least one other fun trip as well.

Tonight is a peaceful night with all four children happily playing (yes, really, at least for a few minutes) and me enjoying one more day off before going back to work.  It's a great way to start the new year!

1 comment: