A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fever

BB is not feeling well.  Yesterday late morning, he started running a fever.  Tylen*l worked, but he needed it every four hours.  Other than being warm and sleeping a lot, he seemed okay.  He ate, drank, babbled, moved around, pooped, etc.  Last night he woke up twice, hot and fussy both times, but it broke with the Tylen*l (not much sleep for me, though). 

This morning he didn't eat much, but he did drink his formula down.  Miss M held him most of the day, and he was content to rest and sleep on her chest.  His fever seemed a little higher, and it would come down, but not as quickly.  He's been only in a onesie for a good portion of the day and now in bed.  He is still drinking fine, but not eating.  He is a little fussy (amazingly, not as much as one would expect), but he has his playful moments too.  Now he is sleeping in his crib and doesn't feel too hot.  Let's see how far he makes it through the night. 

Tomorrow may mean a doctor's visit before the weekend.  I was hoping it might only be a third tooth trying to come through, but 48 hours is about my limit, especially since he has been over 103 prior to the Tylen*l a couple of times.  I don't want to end up in the ER over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment