A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Monday, November 11, 2013

Fun Day

We had a fun afternoon at an old park that has several old amusement park rides.  They are mostly for younger children; my oldest three could only ride on four out of the approximately dozen rides.

I took a half day off of work and loaded up my six kids and my mom in the van and met my friend (another foster and adoptive parent) and eight of her thirteen kids at the park. We had coupons to buy-one-get-one-free for the all day ride wristbands.  Then it was "ride until you drop" for the kids.

They had a ball!  BB and Precious totally enjoyed themselves.  BB had no fear on any rides.  Precious did fine on the slightly faster rides, when she was held close by one of the older kids.

The weather was beautiful and the park was not crowded.  It was definitely a day the kids will remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment