A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, June 22, 2013

High Five

I am celebrating!  BB went poop on the toilet!  Yeah, too much information for some of you, but trust me, this is a BIG DEAL.  BB learned to pee in the toilet over a year ago, but he wanted NOTHING to to with potty training.  It became a control issue, so I dropped it.

When Miracle came, I needed to put BB in daycare at a center.  Since he was already three but not yet potty trained, he went to a special class that focuses on potty training of older two year olds and three year olds.  The teacher is amazing, and peer pressure helps.  BB has been staying dry most of the time at daycare where he is taken consistently every hour with everyone else.



At home, he still had control issues at first, but then I instituted jelly beans!  He gets three baby jelly beans whenever he pees on the toilet.  Now he is willing to sit and try, and he usually can get at least something out. 

Yesterday, I took BB and Precious to therapy (OT and speech).  Before it started, I checked their diapers.  BB had poop, so I cleaned him up and asked if he wanted to go potty.  He sat on the toilet, and SURPRISE - poop came out.  It shocked him as much as it shocked me.  I made a big deal and he was very proud.  Hopefully, he can repeat this, now that he connects what it feels likes.

Finally, I have a glimmer of hope that BB might get potty trained this year.  It would be nice to have only two in diapers again!  Ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. I'm working feverishly on my 2 1/2 year old hoping to have him potty trained before our new baby arrives in October. He finally seems ready--but he is the opposite of BB--he can poop on the toilet, but often has pee accidents. :)

    ReplyDelete