A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Courteous Teen

The simplest gesture can sometimes leave a huge impression...

This evening I had a meeting at home scheduled with a therapist to evaluate Miracle.  She let me know she would be toward the later end of our meeting time, so I decided to stop at the grocery store on the way home from work without all the kids.  Unfortunately, it took longer than expected, so that by the time I was loading the car, I should have already been home.  (Luckily she ended up being even later.)

I was stressing as I closed the trunk and pulled my purse and papers out of the grocery cart, not to mention sweating in 100+ degree heat.  As I was about to decide how far I was going to walk to put away the cart, a very nice teenager asked, "Want me to take your cart?"  She and her mom had just finished loading groceries into their car next to mine, and she was about to put their cart away.

I replied, "That would be great! Thank you very much!"  That simple act of kindness was just what I needed at that moment in time.  As I got in my car, I wished I would have said more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment