A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Peanut Butter?

Last night I organized for today's lunches since we had to get moving early this morning.  Miss M is sick, so I was on my own to drop of May at 6:40, Buddy at 7:45, and BB and Precious with a friend about 30 minutes away before starting my day at the court. In preparation for the lunches, I set out peanut butter by the bread to make a sandwich in the moring.

Well, BB usually migrates to my bed somewhere between 4am and 6am, sometimes earlier.  When I'm lucky, he climbs in and goes back to sleep.  This morning he came in a little after 4am.  As I gave him a hug and covered him up, I smelled peanut butter.  I asked him, "Did you eat peanut butter?"  He replied that he ate a sandwich, very proud of himself.  When I surveyed the kitchen later, I don't think he actually had a sandwich, because the bread was still closed, but it had been moved.  He did definitely clean up the almost empty peanut butter jar!   It's lid was perched sideways on top of the jar. 

Pretty resourceful two year old!  Plenty of independence showing already!

No comments:

Post a Comment