A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Great Report

Today was Buddy's parent-teacher conference.  He is lucky enough to have the same wonderful male teacher for 4th grade as he did in 1st grade.  This teacher is a fabulous teacher and a fantastic role model as well.  But he is also fairly quiet and reserved, so I wasn't quite sure how Buddy was really doing because I usually received little information when I asked any general question in passing.

It turns out Buddy got all A's except for one B+.  He made the honor role for the first quarter and is doing very well.  Buddy led the conference and told about all the work they are doing.  He showed off his projects and accomplishments.  When I asked about his behavior, his teacher said Buddy has only needed to be corrected three times during the entire quarter for minor things like talking when he shouldn't.  The teacher said that Buddy was one of his favorite students (but asked Buddy not to repeat that) and a pleasure to have in his class again.

Really, what more could a mom ask for?  I am so proud of Buddy. 

I am amazed at the level of work they are doing.  When there are only fourteen kids in a class and the teacher enjoys what he is doing, positive things happen.  Praise God for such a thriving educational environment for Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment