A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Monday, March 26, 2012

Crazy Busy

It has been non-stop around here.  This weekend we had family over and celebrated birthdays - photos soon.  We finished spring breaks - not a small feat when you are dealing with four different schools (at least two have the same schedule).  Tonight I took Sweets back to her dad's, as her school starts again tomorrow. 

Precious has slept over seven hours about three times now - hooray!  She is eating like a champ and is staying awake more and more during the day.  I can't believe she is already two months old!

BB is really trying to talk.  Once in a while a word comes out that can be understood, but he is now persistently repeating to try to get us to understand.  He is pointing more and actually mimicking - a huge step forward.  His therapy format changed about a month ago, and I think it is making a big difference.  It's amazing and hard to believe that he is now two years old!  Where did those two years go?

Buddy is enjoying one-on-one time with my uncle, also taking in a couple of sporting events.  He is a typical boy, enjoying electronics, reading Wimpy Kid books, and annoying his sisters.  He is on the verge of being nine years old!

Sweets had a fabulous spring break, spending all but two days of her seventeen days off here and with my sister.  She flew unaccompanied to visit my sister with no problems or fears.  She loved all the horseback riding and personal attention.  She also settled in here and many of the recent behavior issues subsided.

May will be a teenager in a couple of months - unbelievable!  I'm adjusting to parenting a little differently as I try to let her start sprouting her wings while still trying to make sure she meets all the necessities.  Life is challenging on this front, but we have also had many enlightening moments.  She is taking confirmation class at church and seems to be enjoying it.  She is truly blossoming, not to mention also a huge help with the little ones!

I'm working a lot, trying to get through two classes at school this semester, working on finishing taxes, and juggling a bundle of appointments.  I keep thinking things will slow down, but then I see two major choir concerts in the next two months, tax deadline and court for Precious in mid April, a big paper and a final exam at school in April, kids' school projects due in May, and several more doctor appointments.  Slowing down doesn't seem too realistic in the next eight weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment