A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Five Months

BB is now five months old! Time flies when you are having fun! He went to the doctor this week for his second round of shots. He is now 15 pounds 13 ounces and 27 1/2 inches long.

His case manager visited today as well. Bio mom (BM) is AWOL, since he was two weeks old. BF is unknown/AWOL as well. Court is scheduled late next month and the expectation is that the case plan will be changed to severance and adoption by foster parent. Can you believe that?

Five months ago I was so upset that I had not received a placement after three months of waiting. God knew what he was doing; I just had to give up and trust him! BB came less than a week after that, and now it looks like he is here to stay.

Best of all, BB fits into our family perfectly! He is also the easiest child (and case) that I have had out of seventeen foster children. We are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment