A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year News

We had a good time together during my two weeks off for the holidays. May read scripture during the Christmas Eve service at church.  This was a huge accomplishment for her!

Christmas day was very nice with family.  I scaled down on the gifts for the kids this year, but there were still plenty.  The weather was beautiful and the food was wonderful.  The kids all enjoyed themselves and have favorite new things.

The original plan following Christmas was to take a vacation out of town and visit some type of amusement park several hours away.  I have the time off anyway, so why not go somewhere?  Well, one plan after another fell through. 

So, we ended up taking a staycation less than an hour from home.  I found a nice hotel with full breakfast, dinner snacks (typical kid food but nice quality), drinks, and popcorn included.  It had an indoor pool and suite style room.  The kids were in heaven.  I planned for two nights over New Year's, and we extended it to three, because we were having such a nice time.

We enjoyed time with friends, visited a miner's family style restaurant and show, and spent most of a day at an indoor amusement park across town.  All in all, we had a fabulous time with much less stress driving and a lot less expense.  We might have to do this again!

After returning home, we added yet another new family member!  I was tipped off by a friend about a rescue dog needing a home.  She is a two year old German Shepard who is wonderful with children.  We visited the rescue shelter shortly after it opened, met her and made our decision.  The kids are all in love with her.  May and Sweets slept on the couches in the family room near her the first night.

I've been trying to add photos for a week, but the Browse... button won't show up on the Upload page!  Ugh!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new doggie! Shepherds make great family dogs - very protective!

    ReplyDelete