A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, January 4, 2014

A New Year

Looking back, 2013 was a very busy year. There were ups and there were a few downs. Some medical issues have made me slow down tremendously. I'm still hoping and praying that this is a temporary situation. All in all, it was a good year.

We are blessed to have three little ones join our family in each of the last three years. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that! Only God could have orchestrated this family.

I renewed my foster care license late last year. That makes twenty years of foster care. I'm not really planning to take a placement any time soon, but I want my license current just in case anything ever happens with Sweets. There will be no excuse that she can't come to live with me immediately. I am open to short-term respite as needed.

I'm hoping to continue to blog to share some of the happenings around our crazy place. Life is busy; I'll do my best to find time. 

Some cute sayings from BB over the last few weeks:
  • "Put raindrops in my ears." - Following tubes in his ears, he needed ear drops.
  • "I get your belly butt." - He hasn't yet added 'ton' to belly button.

No comments:

Post a Comment