A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Chance Encounter

This morning after church we went to a neighborhood grocery store that I rarely frequent. As we were walking down an aisle, a man introduced himself to me and asked whether I was babysitting or had adopted (three kids with me, three races, go figure). I told him that I was both an adoptive and foster parent. He introduced his wife who appeared with a full cart from around the corner and asked if I minded them asking a few questions, as they were seriously considering adopting from foster care. We chatted for about 15 minutes. They seemed very appreciative, and I felt like God must have led me to this grocery store on this morning for this very reason. It is amazing to me how chance things happen, all by His design.

No comments:

Post a Comment