A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sweets Saga

Sweets called Friday night and said her dad told her she couldn't come again this weekend.  She was reaaly upset, because he apparently said she can now come only once a month.  I calmed her down and then asked to speak to her dad.

I told him I understand she is staying with him this weekend but wanted to know if I could pick her up just for diiner with my parents on Sunday.  My mom is going into the hospital Monday for surgery and we wanted to get together before that.  He agreed I could pick her up at 4pm and bring her back home Sunday night.

Today I went to pick her up.  Of course, he is not home at 4pm and didn't answer my first two calls.  Luckily I was running late so we were able to re-route when Sweets did call and tell me where they were.  When I got there to pick her up, he "assumed" I was taking her overnight.  I told him I had to work and go to school tomorrow and couldn't bring her home.  I would bring her back tonight.

We went and had a fun dinner with my parents.  Sweets was not happy because she wanted to spend the night.  She finally explained that her dad WANTED me to take her overnight, because now he has to work tomorrow.  I guess he doesn't want to pay someone else to watch her.

During dinner Sweets and I slipped out and called him.  She asked if she could spend the night; he said yes.  She is now sleeping soundly in my bed.  All is right in our world tonight. 

Somehow I'll figure out the logistics of getting her home tomorrow night.  Bless Miss M who may be driving all over, so I can go to class and still go see my mom in the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment