A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Half an Army Crawl

BB is finally trying to move across the floor in a manner other than rolling.  He doesn't like it much, but he will do it.  He tucks his right arm in under his chest, reaches with his left arm, and pushes forward with both feet, usually resulting in his face going into the carpet.  Today he kept his head up, looking toward his goal.  Maybe soon he will start using the other arm too!

I've been thinking that he will walk before he crawls.  His favorite thing to do is stand; second is running around in his walker, in which he is quite proficient.  He walks, holding my hands, but he won't walk along a couch or table.  He is now stable leaning on those, but he is not quite ready to stand completely on his own. 

Once he really gets going, I doubt there will be any stopping him!

No comments:

Post a Comment