A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Four Wonderful Months

BB came into our lives four months ago today. It seems so recent, and yet, so much has happened. He is such a blessing, and we all love him dearly.

Each morning he wakes up in his crib, pumps his feet to kick off his blanket, and eventually starts "talking". He wants his bottle right away, and after about half of it, he is ready for a break and to get his diaper changed. Then he drinks and smiles and plays in my lap until his bottle is gone. After that, he rests in his baby rocking chair in front of my bathroom mirror while I get myself presentable for the day.

BB has such a happy and calm disposition. He rarely cries, and when he does, there is usually something that can please him quickly. He sleeps about nine hours each night and catnaps during the day. I think he doesn't nap longer because he doesn't want to miss anything happening around him. He is very alert and responsive.

Buddy adores BB and is thrilled to have another boy in the house. He showers BB with hugs and kisses. May is an immense help and usually enjoys holding and feeding BB. Recently she has discovered that she can sing him to sleep and put him to bed at night. Sweets is the little mom during the day when she is here. If BB fusses, she is the first one on the scene ready to help.

Seven months ago I was ready for another foster care roller coaster, looking forward to helping a mom reunite with her little one(s). I waited and waited for a placement and began to get very frustrated. Finally, after releasing more and more mental "control" of the situation and placing more and more trust in God to bring the right child(ren), we have a miracle.

BB is the sweetest baby (yes, I'm biased, but it's true!). His court date is in late September, and as of now, it looks like the case plan will change from reunification to severance and adoption by foster parent. I am thrilled and excited! Things can always change, but I will continue to trust in God. If this is where BB belongs, I know everything will fall into place. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment